By Yard Athletics – March 22, 2019
“Guess who’s back… back again… 20 Questions is back… Brody’s our friend…”
K that was lame. Promise to never “type-rap” Eminem on another blog again…
20 Questions! You know it! You love it! You crave it! You wait patiently by your phone for the email notification saying another thoroughbred #YardHard athlete is coming down the gauntlet to reveal their innermost secrets to the world!
A few months ago we had the utmost pleasure of introducing Nolan Toigo to the world, and we now have the honor to welcome his brother Brody into the mix.
Brody can be found most mornings in the Yard, going through the paces of a 7am Boneyard to get the day fired up reeeeeally early. Brody pulled no punches in this questionnaire, so read below to see which patio rules them all, which talent he’d love to have, and which movie will always be on repeat.
Currently living in Vancouver – although I claim Tsawwassen.
2. Favorite workout? (other than Yard Athletics…)
I ONLY workout at Yard Athletics.
3. Clothing company you wish would sponsor you?
PATRICK ASSARAF – random I know – but sharp, very comfortable, and Canadian.
4. Tom Petty or Bruce Springsteen?
Depending on the mood but if I have to pick one I’m going with The Boss.
5. Favorite restaurant, favorite dish?
I don’t think I’m allowed to say anything but White Spot. Mediterranean Chicken Burger w/ the western plate – let’s go.
6. Best movie?
7. Favorite sport growing up?
I love all sports but I definitely spent the most time playing hockey.
8. Food you refuse to eat?
Raw onions – can’t do it.
9. Guilty follow on Instagram?
Not a huge Instagram guy so there’s not much out of the ordinary on there. However, I’m very guilty of following The Best of Ric Flair – Woooooooooo!
10. Talent you would most like to have?
Fly fishing – have you seen A River Runs Through It…?
11. Best / worst thing about Vancouver?
Best: Flying into the city on a beautiful day. Worst: The entitlement.
12. Fastest time up the Grouse Grind?
Somewhere around the 42 minute mark.
13. Sports star whose poster you had on your wall?
For some reason I had a poster of John Vanbiesbrouck when he played for the Florida Panthers on my wall growing up. Definitely not a star but one hell of a glove hand.
14. Dream vacation?
Tuscaloosa, Alabama in the Fall – Roll Damn Tide.
15. Favorite patio?
Lux Bar in chicago.
16. Favorite drink to have on that patio?
The best Moscow Mule’s going – hands down.
17. Hardest thing you’ve ever done?
Every one of Joce’s workouts.
18. Best thing about Yard Athletics?
Always a great atmosphere – especially Friday mornings when we got the OG’s in there. Everyone is working hard but having a good time doing it.
19. Most regrettable purchase?
My breakfast order in New Orleans after a 3 day bender. I needed a meal in a bad way and completely blew it.
20. Food that is bad for you that you will never stop eating?
Candy in all forms.