We’re back! Hopefully you stocked up on some “12 Days of Yard Athletics Christmas” deals, and are all set in the gym for the next little while.
Getting back to our regularly scheduled programming, we thought it would be a good time to throw 20 Questions at another friend and regular of Yard Athletics, Nolan Toigo.
If you’ve ever taken part in a morning “Boneyard” class, you probably know Nolan as the one squatting, benching and pressing more than you – before you’ve even finished warming up.
Today we find out where the best burger in the city is, the worst exercise machine to get stuck on, and when the Canucks will win the Stanley Cup (hint: it’s not optimistic…)
1. Hometown? Tsawwassen, BC.
2. How did you first get involved with Yard Athletics? I think Jackson Friesen brought me in… but I also knew Ilan from playing junior together.
4. Whistler or Blackcomb? Whistler.
6. Least favorite exercise at the Yard? Assault Bike.
7. Tell us something we don’t know about you. I do a very strong air trumpet.
9. If you weren’t working your current job, what would you be doing? Coaching.
10. It’s a first date; what are you cooking to impress? Pasta & Salmon.
11. Best / worst thing about Vancouver? The weather.
12. Proudest achievement? Humanitarian of the Year Award my final year of junior hockey.
13. When are the Canucks going to win the Stanley Cup?
Probably when I’m dead.
14. IPA’s: Love em, or bitter & disgusting? Love a good hazy IPA.
15. Stranded on a desert island, what 3 movies do you bring? Dumb & Dumber, Legends of the Fall, Good Fellas.
16. Fastest time up Grouse Grind? 41:30.
17. Secret to happiness? Finding/having purpose.
18. Best thing about Yard Athletics? The camaraderie.
19. Regrettable purchase of 2018? Likely the car I’m buying.
20. If I could have dinner with anyone, it would be? Joe Rogan