BKIN, CSCS – Founder/Director of The Yard Athletics
Ilan's love for sport and fitness started early. As a former professional athlete, he has experienced the rigors of sport from both an athlete’s and a coach’s perspective, enabling him to understand the commitment and dedication necessary to attain one’s full potential.
- 10+ years strength and conditioning training
- Owner/Director of Strength & Conditioning for Factory Hockey Player Development
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist through the National Strength & Conditioning Association
- Bachelor of Kinesiology, UBC
- Dual-sport athlete (hockey & rugby)
Who's in the gym with Ilan?
- NHL, Minor Pro, Collegiate, Junior & youth hockey players
- Professional athletes – rowing, rugby, soccer, football
- Business executives and entrepreneurs
- And don't think it's all men… lady-preneurs and women execs bring the gender equity vibe
What to expect with Ilan:
Ilan's continuous thirst for knowledge and current knowledge base allow him to program and coach his clients to the same level he would a professional athlete.His scientifically based training philosophy coupled with his genuine passion and contagious energy make training sessions a desirable component of everybody's lifestyle. Designing and implementing periodized training systems with focuses on mobility, strength, power, speed and/or endurance training utilizing a broad range of training methodologies, Ilan is able to meet and exceed your training objectives.
BKIN, CSCS – Senior Strength & Conditioning Coach
Sam has been working as an athlete and coach in the strength and conditioning industry since 2008. As an athlete Sam has participated at both the collegiate and university level, representing his country on the international stage during that time.
- Bachelor of Kinesiology, UBC
- Senior Strength & Conditioning Coach for Factory Hockey Player Development
- Certified Strength Coach through the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Varsity Athlete (volleyball)
Who's in the gym with Sam?
- Professional, Collegiate and youth athletes
- Business professionals
- Average Joe's to all-time Pros
What to expect with Sam:
During his years at UBC completing a Bachelor of Health Science Degree, Sam had the opportunity to work, as well as train, with the varsity strength and conditioning program. It was through this experience that Sam found his passion for exercise prescription and athletic development. Sam places great value on continuing education and is constantly improving his own knowledge base in order to maximize individualized programming.
General / Training Experience:
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Instructor at Ride Cycle Club
- Experienced Olympic Weightlifter, Crossfit and traditionally trained strength athlete
Who's in the gym with Joce?
- Everyone! Young or old, experienced or brand new to fitness. Don’t be discouraged if you have old injuries or mobility issues – Joce can tailor anything to what you need.
- Strength training with Jocelyn is the perfect complement to your spin, HIIT, and pilates regime.
What to expect with Joce:
Through a combination of conditioning, resistance, and powerlifting, Joce delivers gnarly full body workouts, that are challenging, innovative, fast paced, and enjoyable.