BKIN, CSCS – Founder/Director of The Yard Athletics
Ilan's love for sport and fitness started early. As a former professional athlete, he has experienced the rigors of sport from both an athlete’s and a coach’s perspective, enabling him to understand the commitment and dedication necessary to attain one’s full potential.
- 10+ years strength and conditioning training
- Owner/Director of Strength & Conditioning for Factory Hockey Player Development
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist through the National Strength & Conditioning Association
- Bachelor of Kinesiology, UBC
- Dual-sport athlete (hockey & rugby)
Who's in the gym with Ilan?
- NHL, Minor Pro, Collegiate, Junior & youth hockey players
- Professional athletes – rowing, rugby, soccer, football
- Business executives and entrepreneurs
- And don't think it's all men… lady-preneurs and women execs bring the gender equity vibe
What to expect with Ilan:
Ilan's continuous thirst for knowledge and current knowledge base allow him to program and coach his clients to the same level he would a professional athlete.His scientifically based training philosophy coupled with his genuine passion and contagious energy make training sessions a desirable component of everybody's lifestyle. Designing and implementing periodized training systems with focuses on mobility, strength, power, speed and/or endurance training utilizing a broad range of training methodologies, Ilan is able to meet and exceed your training objectives.
BKIN, CSCS – Head Strength & Conditioning Specialist
Sam has been working as an athlete and coach in the strength and conditioning industry since 2008. As an athlete Sam has participated at both the collegiate and university level, representing his country on the international stage during that time.
- Bachelor of Kinesiology, UBC
- Senior Strength & Conditioning Coach for Factory Hockey Player Development
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist through the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Varsity Athlete (volleyball)
Who's in the gym with Sam?
- Professional, Collegiate and youth athletes
- Business professionals
- Average Joe's to all-time Pros
What to expect with Sam:
During his years at UBC completing a Bachelor of Health Science Degree, Sam had the opportunity to work, as well as train, with the varsity strength and conditioning program. It was through this experience that Sam found his passion for exercise prescription and athletic development. Sam places great value on continuing education and is constantly improving his own knowledge base in order to maximize individualized programming.
BS, PTS - Personal Training Specialist
Torin's passion for fitness is celebrated in all forms of movement. Whether it’s a multi-day hike, or a group fitness class, he loves to find new ways to challenge both his body and mind. Torin's academic interests lie within the role exercise plays as a form of therapy; specifically in neurodegenerative diseases.
- Certified Personal Trainer
- TRX suspension certification
- Kondi Fitness Instructor
- bachelor of Science, Quest University
Who's in the gym with Torin?
- Anyone and everyone! From fitness professionals to your average Joe (or Jill).
- If your looking for good vibes and sweaty times then strength training with Torin is perfect for you.
What to expect with Torin:
Whether your an avid gym goer, or just starting your fitness journey, Torin will make you feel right at home. His workouts are rooted in the fundamentals but he loves to put his own spin on things. Think full body workout with a balance between strength training and intensive conditioning. Torin’s supportive attitude is sure to help you excel in your own personal fitness endeavours.
CanFit Pro - Personal Training Specialist
An active lifestyle and athletics have always been a part of Luke’s life. A former collegiate quarterback, Luke was forced to end his football career due to injury. This setback became his catalyst for change and Luke became focused on maximizing his physical potential through training. His understanding of the human body and the power of the mind became the focal point in his training regimen and daily life.
- BA, Health Sciences, SFU
- Collegiate Athlete (Football)
- Certified Personal Training Specialist through CanFit
Who's in the gym with Luke?
Anyone who wants to improve their health, fitness and mental edge.
What to expect with Luke:
An empowering, inclusive and supportive workout. Luke has had the opportunity to work with athletes at all levels ranging from high school to the pros. Working with 2 NFL teams (Raiders & Steelers), Luke has gained a wealth of knowledge and an understanding of the dedication and training required to reach peak performance and mental focus. Luke’s passion is helping everyone achieve their individual potential-body & mind.
Outside the gym you can find Luke cycling, hiking, paddle boarding and practicing yoga.