By Yard Athletics – Jan 11th, 2019
Look alive people! The best questionnaire on the web is back and better than ever, with a brand new set of 20 Questions to bounce off one of our devoted regulars.
This week we get to know Keiko Voss, friend of Yard Athletics who has been training with us since summer 2018 and “hasn’t looked back” since. Does Keiko like the window or the aisle, Nike or Adidas, and most importantly, which movie can she recite all the way through?
As always, if you’re a devoted regular who wants to take the 20 Question challenge, email us at [email protected] and we’ll get you posted.
- When did you first start coming to Yard Athletics?
Summer ’18.. & I haven’t looked back.
- High school celebrity crush?
Ryan Reynolds then & still my celebrity crush now.
- Favorite restaurant, favorite dish?
But how do you pick just one? If I’m not having the LOCAL Burger at LOCAL Gastown (it’s dirty & delicious), then there’s a high chance I’m having tacos at Sal y Limon, olives at Como Taperia, Margherita pizza at Via Tevere or chicken wings at Phnom Penh.
- Ten hour flight; aisle or window?
Window for the views.
- Junk food you will never stop eating?
Potato chips are my vice in life.
- Tell us something we don’t know about you.
I can speak Japanese.
- Current book you’re reading?
“Relentless” by Tim Grover. He’s a legendary trainer who’s worked with Michael Jordan, Kobe & other athletes, & wrote this to share what it takes to get results not just in sports, but in business & in life. I’m only a few chapters in, but something so simple that’s stuck for me already is, “Success isn’t the same as talent.”
- If you weren’t working your current job, what would you be doing?
Either a race car driver (likely the German in me) or a certified french fry reviewer with my own YouTube channel.
- Talent you would most like to have?
To be ambidextrous.
- Favorite patio in Vancouver?
LOCAL Gastown for the people watching or LOCAL Kitsilano for the proximity to the beach.
- Favorite drink to have on that patio?
Gin Refresher or Aperol Spritz.. & obviously not just one, but a few.
- Sober January; yay or nay?
Props to the people doing it, but it’s a nay from me, dawg.
- Which Yard Athletics trainer is the hardest: Ilan, Sam or Joce?
They’re all the hardest in their own unique ways. Ilan especially fine tunes form & technique; Joce consistently pushes you out of your comfort zone with weights; & Sam knows when you’re ready to level-up a movement to make it even harder.
- Movie you can repeat word for word?
Sweet Lincoln’s mullet! Anchorman.
- Best beach in Vancouver?
Kits for the day hangs, Spanish Banks for the sunsets.
- Something you spend way too much money on?
If wine isn’t a socially acceptable answer, then it’s definitely active activities & workouts.
- Best thing about Yard Athletics?
They don’t let you stay status quo there. But while it’s always a challenge, it’s never intimidating. The sessions are tough & humbling, it’s always positive vibes and you leave better for it.
- Nike or Adidas?
I used to work at the Nike CHQ & the loyalty still runs strong. “Checks over stripes, that’s what I like.”
- Dream vacation?
Eating my way through Italy, Greece, Spain & Croatia.