By Henry Gould – Nov 26th, 2018
There’s no escaping it. The holidays are officially here. Hour long cab waits, blood that is half cheese-half hemoglobin, a semi-permanent wine buzz that never seems to wear off. Oh well… are we really complaining?
Certain things about the holidays are annoying: feigning interest in your bosses ugly sweater, hearing about people’s travel plans to warm destinations, and trying to avoid eye contact with the kiosk people in the mall. Gift giving can also be a burden, so here at the best blog on the internet we’re ready to make that just a little easier for you!
Below is a hand curated list of items for the athletically inclined individual in your life. Perfect to keep them somewhat in shape during that end-of-year push, or perhaps as a motivator once Jan 2nd 2019 hits.
Keep in mind, there is a very special #YardHard sale in the works, so keep your eyes peeled on email inboxes for information in the next few days…
- Rain Jackets – “help your loved one get to the gym not completely soaked!”
- As mentioned previously on this blog, staying motivated in the wet winter months can be a serious barrier to overcome. Having clothes you enjoy wearing which keep you enthusiastic about braving the elements is an underrated way to stay the course.
- Mountain Equipment Co-op has an amazing selection of name brand jackets (Patagonia, North Face, Helly Hansen), as well as their own MEC branded jackets, some for as low as $94 CAD. Gift the gift of dryness!
- Yard Athletics Gift Cards – “any amount, any time”
- If you’re reading this blog you’re probably a regular of Yard Athletics, but that doesn’t mean your friends and family can’t be too.
- Get in touch with us and we can put together gift cards for any amount, any type of class.
- Have a friend who’s hesitant to try out Yard for the first time? Grab them a few classes and join them for their first session, just to show them how great it is.
- [email protected] – drop us a line and we’ll set you up
- Body Energy Club Smoothie Card – “say “i love you” with protein powder”
- Let’s be honest, we all love the BEC smoothies, but feel slightly guilty shelling out $8+ for each one
- What better way to remove someones guilt than by giving a pre-loaded card to the lifter in your life?
- Almond Butter Chocolate Monkey’s are the new diamond necklace in the stocking… trust us.
- Shorts + Tights – “the unsung wardrobe hero”
- Fashion in the gym is no longer an afterthought. Workout classes are the new Tinder + Bumble, so you better be looking fresh when Mr. or Mrs. Right comes cruising in looking like a damn snack…
- Everyone has a drawer full of t-shirts, but rarely do we have enough bottoms.
- Good shorts and tights go a long way, and can make a big difference in getting deep for those squats and deadlifts, especially if so-and-so is catching a glance out the side of their eye…
- I’m not sponsored by New Balance, but I wish I was, because these are the best shorts I’ve ever purchased. No they’re not cheap, but they have zippered pockets and a full inner lining that helps keep everything in check. Well worth the cash.
- Ladies, word on the street is Lululemon still makes the best tights. True or false? Regardless, no one is ever going to be sad with a fresh pair of leggings under the tree.
- Yard Athletics hats, hoodies, shirts and socks
- A little birdie told me there a still a few hoodies available, as well as a brand new shipment of Yard Athletics hats, and potentially a new order of socks incoming.
- Email [email protected] to ask how you can get yours!