by Yard Athletics – Nov 8th, 2019
Yard Athletics newest team member, Torin Nikiforuk, is now becoming a familiar face around the gym. Everyone who’s trained with Torin knows he brings an infectious energy, positive attitude, and strong knowledge of strength & conditioning.
But how well do you really know Torin? Sure, you might know he goes by the nickname “Torpedo”, but as always with 20 Questions, we want to go deeper. Computer: ENHANCE.
We shot our usual bag of 20 Q’s at Torin to find out if he’s on team Cardi or team Nicki, where to score the best pizza, and what his Grouse Grind goal is for 2020.
2. Favorite workout? (other than Yard Athletics…)
Hiking and/or boxing.
3. Clothing company you wish would sponsor you?
I’d have to go with Patagonia. My wardrobe is already 90% lululemon so it would be nice to diversify.
4. Cardi B or Nicki Minaj?
Nicki… she can still make your bed rock.
5. Favorite restaurant, favorite dish?
Corduroy Pie Co. and their Coppa pizza, it’s bomb!
6. Best show on Netflix?
Stranger Things. Very binge worthy!
7. Favorite sport growing up?
Badminton? Super random I know..
8. Food you refuse to eat?
9. What makes the Yard so special?
Honestly it’s all about the community. It’s the energy people share with us and each other. It’s like a little family of people who like to pick things up.
10. Talent you would most like to have?
11. Best / worst thing about Vancouver?
Its so damn beautiful but also so damn expensive.
12. Fastest time up the Grouse Grind?
41 mins. Looking for that sub 40 in 2020.
13. Hero; real or fictional?
I find it hard to choose just one person. I’ve had a lot of hero’s and role models in my life so I guess it just depends on what chapter of life we’re looking at.
Surf, Sun, Sand 🤙🏻
15. Favorite patio?
Mahony & Sons down by the ferry docks.
16. Favorite drink to have on that patio?
17. Avocado toast: here to stay, or overrated and overpriced?
Here to STAY! Especially from Small Victory Bakery.
18. What exercise can you beat Ilan & Shawzo on?
Mmm not sure. It would probably have to be something bodyweight oriented. I’m thinking TRX Plank.
19. Most regrettable purchase?
Just some clothes I bought and didn’t wear much.
20. Food that is bad for you that you will never stop eating?
Cookies, croissants, muffins, pretty much any baked good.