by Yard Athletics – Nov 22nd, 2019
If you’ve been to Yard Athletics (especially on a Friday morning around 7:59am) you probably know Billy. He’s hard to miss! Tall, handsome, flexible, and most importantly, can dish out chirps out like a chickadee during mating season.
Bill has been a mainstay at the Yard since before the Yard was the Yard, thanks in part to being a very close friend of Ilan Cumberbirch. The lads first met on the Prince of Wales hockey team, which led to a friendship tighter than two coats of paint, bonded ever further with summers spent training at Groundwork Athletics and beyond.
But now it’s time to go deeper, as we always do, to peel back the layers and find out what makes Bill tick. Is it deep squats? Perhaps it’s a recent book on the nightstand that’s got him hot a bothered?
LET’S FIND OUT!
2. How did you first get involved with Yard Athletics?
3. Best burger in Vancouver?
4. Whistler or Blackcomb?
5. Favorite dive bar?
6. Least favorite exercise at the Yard?
7. Tell us something we don’t know about you.
8. Last book you read?
9. If you weren’t working your current job, what would you be doing?
10. It’s a first date; what are you cooking to impress?
11. Best / worst thing about Vancouver?
Best: The water, the mountains and the people.