An internship at Yard Athletics will present you with the opportunity to work with a range of high performance athletes and personal training clients, of varying abilities, experience levels, goals and objectives. You will be granted the opportunity to work hands on with our clients, alongside our experienced staff of strength & conditioning coaches.
In addition to working with our clients, you will be provided opportunities to become more familiar with the intricacies and thought process which goes into program design, from a micro to a macro level.
A more in depth exploration into biomechanics, exercise physiology, anatomy, coaching, and cueing comes with weekly staff inservices, alongside members of our coaching staff, in order to compliment your hands-on learning experience.
Assistance with facility operations is required, including, but not limited to: cleaning protocols, laundry, sanitation.
All interns will be granted access to all company benefits, along with unlimited opportunity to train within our facility.
- Completed, or in the midst of completing a Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, or Health Sciences
- Completed, or in the midst of completing a recognized Strength & Conditioning or Personal Training Certification
- At least 3 years of weight training experience
- Be competent teaching dynamic warm up and activation exercises
- Strong social skills
- Possess a knowledge and understanding of various training modalities & philosophies
- Be coachable, and accepting of constructive criticism
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner not only at the Yard Athletics, but in your life outside of The Yard
- Be willing to go above and beyond the expected requirements in order to support the team
Interns are required to work a minimum of 16 hours per week throughout the duration of their program.
Internship’s operate for 8 weeks.
Only 2 interns will be on staff at any given time.
If you are interested in any of these internship positions, please email us a cover letter specifying why you would be a valuable addition to our team, along with a resume, and references. All inquiries can be directed to the attention of Ilan Cumberbirch, subject line “YARD INTERNSHIP”.