by Yard Athletics – March 5th, 2020
Due to the recent global emergence of COVID-19 / “Coronavirus”, Yard Athletics wants to stress the importance of proper hygiene both inside and outside the gym.
Public Health Canada has the current risk at low, but we understand that gyms such as Yard Athletics see hundreds of people come through the doors each day, and therefore want to be proactive in our approach to creating a healthy and clean space for you to train.
Yard Athletics would be nothing without our community, so we feel it’s only right that we pass along some common sense practices to make sure everyone who comes train with us stays fit and healthy.
- If you are feeling sick or unwell (fever, cough, sore throat, chills) please consider staying home instead of coming to your scheduled Yard Athletics workout
- Please make an effort to go to the bathroom and wash your hands before and after your workout.
- Washing your hands is one of the strongest measures you can take to preventing the spread of germs
- Yard Athletics will provide as much hand sanitizer as we can given the circumstances, but your best bet is to wash your hands with soap and water before and after workout
- Many people are choosing to skip handshakes, hugs and high fives in an effort to prevent the spread of germs. We say, do whatever you feel is best, but respect the wishes of others.
- When in doubt, FIST BUMP
- If you have recently traveled to one of the countries considered at risk by Public Health Canada (LINK) please consider avoiding training with Yard Athletics for at least 14 days
We appreciate your attention to this, and look forward to seeing you in the gym.